Saturday 20 November 2010

Shooter and equipment - glitches at 50 meter rifle tournament

November 13th, 2010, Jamor, Oeiras, Portugal - the third match within the "Standard Rifle" tournament of the Portuguese Shooting Federation for .22 LR 50 meter rifle (60 shots, standing position)... my performance was a total fail  - I reached a mediocre 471 / 600 score when on the previous match I reached 512 / 600. This is was 41 points drop. What a wash-down.

First of all I was on the aftershocks of work related stress from the week before - my concentration was deeply affected. Second... around the 15th "sight in" shot... my loved vintage Austrian made J. G. ANSCHÜTZ (JGA) 1400 rifle's magazine started to jam feed all my rounds (a up stepper angle was forcing the round too high from the chamber) - I had to skip to a manual one-by-one load (more paraffin on my fingers from the bullet coating, more stress). Third... sights (and/or my handling) were giving me a lot of leftish shots, and I was unwilling / unsure about messing with them. Fourth... nevermind, it was all down hill.

... placed 31st out of 41
with a mediocre 471 / 600 score

I competed at line #29, match started at 12h00. A total of 41 shooters competed on this 3rd and last match of the tournament - the final score of the tournament was made using the 2 best out of the 3 match scores.








... detail on the top barrel / chamber section
of my loved vintage JGA 1400 .22LR rifle.
On the left - "Waffen-Heim Filderstadt"
- the original 1970s German shop brand engraving








No comments:

Post a Comment