Thursday 4 November 2010

Low Score on Break Barrel Air Rifle Regionals

Last Saturday, October 30th, I competed on the Portuguese Shooting Federation Regionals for break barrel air rifle with a poor result of only 311 / 400 points reaching 25th place out of 300 shooters. Match was held at Jamor, Oeiras.

... scored 311 / 400


...and reached 25th / 33 place

Just like this blog's title, i.e., Broken Sights, it all started wrong, between shooter and sights, on the first shoots of the "sight in series", with a rightish set of 6s and 7s - tight but off center. Even with 20 extra shots on the sight in targets I was not able to feel confidant about what was effectively wrong - either my shooting / stock stance (a neck pain was causing some trouble, the proximity, at line # 5, of a pilar distracting my stance) or something with the light or with the sights. I end up starting the 1st 10 shoot series doing something I always keep reminding me and other fellow shooters not to do - mess with sight adjustment when not sure about the real issue. The result as a score 69 / 100 - shame. I end up reseting the setting for the original default position (should never touched them on the first place) and got "back" to the 80s results (81, 79 and 82 on the other 3 match series).

... fellow shooters at the 10 meter indoor range at Jamor, Oeiras


I competed, at line # 5, with my Weihrauch HW 35 4,5mm break barrel air rifle with a custom Ginb stock using H&N pellets.







No comments:

Post a Comment