Sunday 2 January 2011

92 points at Kuchenreuter training session

Just arrived from the Carregueira (Belas, Sintra, Portugal) shooting range where I managed to score 87 / 100 and 92 / 100 (my personal training record up to date) on "full match simulation training" at MLAIC's Kuchenreuter division - with my T. Dedinski's .36 Billinghurst hunder hammer muzzle loader black powder pistol - using 10 grains FFF loads ("Rio" brand) and .354 bullets from the Riflebulletcaster GmbH & Co.KG.





On the first 6 shot target (photo on the left) a trigger error forced me out of the black with a 6 hit mark on top - and then back to the two 7 hit marks down bellow (forcing me to correct "by wrist" - rookie's classical mistake). On the second 7 shot target (photo on the right) I found myself "back on track" and truly inspired - all impacts on the 9-10 ring. Final score, 92 / 100 is made with the 10 best out of 13 impacts. And 94 was "at reach" - since a "8 almost 9" on the first and a "9 almost 10" on the second where very close to gather 2 extra points on the final score...

What a way to celebrate the 100th shot with my new pistol and to overcome last week episode of "stuck in the barrel". Now let's see how will I handle the result under pressure on the first national match coming in approx. 2 months from now, February 6th, 2011 (that will take place at this same shooting range).

... the personalized 14k gold monogram

Close up on the "workbench" - RWS primers on bottom,
vintage russian "Azam" pocket chrono on top
and the luxus walnut griped "Billy" .36 on the right side 





No comments:

Post a Comment