Friday 11 February 2011

Hot and Cold at BR50

Last Sunday, February 7th, 2011, at Jamor, Oeiras, Portugal, I competed at the "Montez" Tournament, and made my première at the International Sporter (IS) Benchrest 50 class. I also competed on my favourite "race"... the Heavy Varmint (ex-Unlimited) class.

Cold.
For the IS class I competed with my brand new kit - a JGA 1416 .22 rifle with a custom shop Leupold 6x competition scope - with extra thin 1/8 reticle and no dot. I used the Caldwell "old school" rest with leather Protektor bags. Ammo was the "traditional" Lapua Center-X .22 LR 40 grains. The end result was a disaster - 198 points and penultimate on the overall scores.

Hot.
For the HV class I competed with my "old and trusty" kit, nicknamed Viriato - JGA 1903, custom BR stock, Leupold 45x scope, using Varide Cicognani rest. I score 243 / 250, reached 3rd overall (tied in score with the 2nd, but lost it to 3rd with lower Xs hits) and 2nd place by teams. A nice result.


243 / 250 - my Heavy Varmint class target

Shooting... Heavy Varmint class

Close up on the "trigger pinch" technique

Close up on my custom shop Leupold 6x competition scope
(ultra thin, 1/8, reticle line without dot)

"Forced" to use sun glasses while shooting International Sporter Class
 - the Sun was way to strong on the targets

My "Roc-N-Soc" drummer seat used
as "BR competition tool"

Overall scores - Heavy Varmint Class
3rd overall, 2nd by teams

No comments:

Post a Comment