Wednesday 9 February 2011

91 points out of 100 on my premiere at MLAIC competition

Last Sunday early morning, February 6th, 2011, at the Carregueira shooting range (Belas, Sintra, Portugal) I made it to my "première" at the first 2011 National match for black powder muzzle loading shooting (MLAIC).

I competed within the Kuchenreuter class (percussion pistol), with my custom Billinghurst made in Germany by Tilo Dedinski in .36 caliber, shooting 10 grains of FFF "Rio" black powder and using .36 round bullets (.354, 65 gr), cotton patches (24mm in diameter, and 0,24mm thickness) and lube made in Germany by Rifle Bullet Caster .

I scored 91 / 100 points and finished 6th within 17 competitors (tied with 5th on the same score, but with less "X" hits). I'm very, very proud with my result - in particular bearing in mind that a score of 94 grants the "master shooter" award, and that João Costa, current national record holder (99 / 100), scored 94 at this same match. Further more - this is the same score I reached on my best training session, so... let's keep up and focus !




91 score - target on the right was the first, target on the left was the second and last
Final score ditches the worst 3 impacts out of the 13, and sums up the best 10


My "shooting desk"... all tidy



My vintage chrono... made in the USSR, 1960-70s



My detailed score




The official national match poster
- my amateur design and production


+200 photo gallery at: http://www.cptpp.com/gallery/2011/index-20110206-i-cn-mlaic-carregueira.html



No comments:

Post a Comment